The Pulpit Commentary pg21 comment on 2 Peter 1:4 "It is not to be supposed that, merely by aspiring, a man can share the nature of God, any more than by merely desiring to fly he can raise himself into the air and cleave it as with wings. An interposition of a supernatural character is necessary. A condition and means by which this end may be secured is deliverance by the redemption of Christ from the corruption of the world. The renewal and purification which are the work of the Holy Spirit of God are the moral power by which the participation in question actually is accomplished. He brings the life of the Eternal into our human nature, and pours that life through the whole being of the believing and grateful disciple of Christ, so that he becomes a new creature in Christ Jesus".
Provision means "a taking care for the future or the quality or state of being prepared beforehand".
What are some of the Provisions that God Has Made for Our Salvation
1. Acceptance For The Unworthy--Eph.1:4-7 "According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:(vs5)Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,(vs6)To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us acceptable in the beloved.(vs7)In whom we redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;"
2. Cleansing For The Polluted-- 1 John 1:7-9 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.(vs8)If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.(vs9)If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
3. Divine Pardon-- Micah 7:18-19 "Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger for ever, because he delighteth in mercy.(vs19) He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea."
4.Regeneration-- Ezekiel 36:25-26 "Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.(vs26)A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh."
5. Nearness To God-- Eph. 2:11-13 "Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;(vs12)That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:(vs13)But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ."
6. Assurance of Immortality-- 2 Cor. 5:1 "For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."
7. Welcome For All-- Rev. 22:17 "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."